Official free trip terms and conditions
1. HOW TO ENTER: No Purchase Necessary. To enter, contestants should either call EF Educational Tours at 1-800-637-8222 or EF Explore America at 1-800-503-2323 and express interest in the contest, visit eftours.com or efexploreamerica.com or send in a postage-paid business reply card entry form. Required information includes the contestant’s name, address and telephone. EF Educational Tours and EF Explore America can be contacted at Two Education Circle, Cambridge, MA 02141. One entry per person.
2. ELIGIBILTY: The contest is open to either full or part-time teachers or administrators at the middle school, junior high school or senior high school level living in the United States. Employees (and their immediate families and household members) of EF and its affiliates are not eligible.
3. GRAND PRIZE: The prizes (a total of one prize will be awarded) will include a trip for one group leader (at least 21 years of age) and his or her students (between the ages of 12-23 years old). The prize includes a free trip for the Group Leader and a $20,000 scholarship fund to be applied to an EF Educational Tour or EF Explore America program. The $20,000 prize can be allocated among the traveling students at the discretion of the Group Leader leading the tour. The scholarship prize can be applied to all program, membership and departure fees. The scholarship prize cannot be applied to any optional excursions fees, insurance fees, money for gratuities or discretionary on-tour expenses.
4. GRAND PRIZE DRAW: The winner will be selected in a random monthly drawing in July 2017. Participants agree to be bound by these rules and all decisions of the judges, whose decisions on all aspects of this drawing are final. The winner will be notified by July 15, 2017. All eligible entries will remain in the contest for the six month duration. The winner does not need to be present to win. EF Educational Tours or EF Explore America will notify the winner by phone, email or standard mail. EF Educational Tours, EF Explore America, its affiliates agents and others working for them or on their behalf, will have the right to photograph the winners and entry constitutes permission to use their names, pictures, likenesses, school’s name and city and state of residence(s) in advertising for no additional compensation.
5. Starting dates and ending dates for receiving entries are January 1, 2017, and June 30, 2017, respectively.
6. Tour and travel dates are subject to availability. All travel must be completed by September 30, 2018.
7. The odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received.
8. DECLARING THE WINNER: Prize must be claimed by July 31, 2017. Failure to execute and return any requested document(s) within 14 days of receipt, or return of notification or prize as undeliverable may result in forfeiture of prize and an alternate potential winner being selected at the sole discretion of EF Educational Tours or EF Explore America management. Winners and all travelers must execute EF’s Release and Agreement, Booking Conditions, etc.
9. EF Educational Tours and EF Explore America make no warranties with respect to the prize.
10. The sweepstakes is void where prohibited or restricted by law and is subject to all Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations. All taxes on prizes are solely the responsibility of the winners. To learn the name of the winner, contact EF Educational Tours or EF Explore America after July 15, 2017. EF Educational Tours and EF Explore America are not responsible for any lost or misdirected entries. Prizes are non-transferable and may not be redeemed for a cash equivalent. The sweepstakes is eligible to residents of the United States and Puerto Rico only.